You can buy Ben Stoeger's books at Ben Stoeger Pro Shop (packaged with dry-fire targets) and Steve Anderson's at Anderson Shooting, or order them through Amazon. I'd recommend starting with Ben's Practical Shooting Training, as it's a one-stop shop that lays out training plans for new, intermediate, and advanced shooters. Add in a couple of scaled dry-fire targets and you're ready to train!
- Practical Shooting Training: Completely revised replacement for Dryfire Reloaded and Skills & Drills Reloaded that breaks shooting into four skill levels and provides an integrated live- and dry-fire program for each one.
- Dryfire Reloaded: How to train dry fire.
- Skills & Drills Reloaded: How to train live fire.
- Practical Pistol Reloaded: Deep dive into shooting technique. Covers grip, stance, draws, transitions, etc. along with stage breakdown.
- Breakthrough Marksmanship: Points out core concepts and common mistakes in practical shooting and gives dry- and live-fire drills for diagnosing and fixing these mistakes.
- Match Mentality: Discusses the mental skills in preparing for and competing in matches.
- Refinement and Repetition: Provides a set of stand & shoot dry-fire drills and training plan. Very straightforward.
- Principles of Performance: Deep dive into shot calling and Steve’s speed-, accuracy-, and match-mode shooting. Includes an interview with Lanny Bassham, numerous anecdotes, and a more well-rounded dry-fire program.
- Get to Work: All about techniques supporting the principle of shooting sooner.
- Training Group Live: USPSA GM Joel Park and a panel of guests discuss practical shooting. Full episodes are available to PSTG members at the PSTG web site.
- Shoot Fast Podcast: USPSA GM Cody Axon and guest hosts discuss all aspects of pistol shooting technique, skill development, and match skills.
- Hit Factor Podcast: USPSA GMs Jason Bradley and Jared Fox discuss practical shooting, often with a guest.
- Firearms Nation: Arik Levy interviews top shooters like Eric Grauffel, Ben Stoeger, Ron Avery, KC Eusabio, Yong Lee, Shannon Smith, and more. There’s a tremendous amount of useful info in these interviews, and it’s worth going back and listening again as your skills develop. Episode #123 with JJ is particularly good.
- Practical Shooting After Dark: Ben Stoeger and a panel of guests discuss practical shooting from a competitive angle.
- That Shooting Show: Steve Anderson’s podcast. USPSA shooting with side helpings of Van Halen and barking dogs.
- Atlanta Arms: I’ll drive to their warehouse in Covington, GA periodically to buy a couple of boxes and avoid shipping. Call ahead and make sure they're open and the targets you want are in stock!
Last edit: 18 April 2021