These books are available on Amazon, or you can buy Ben Stoeger's at Ben Stoeger Pro Shop (packaged with dry-fire targets) and Steve Anderson's at Anderson Shooting. I'd recommend Ben's Breakthrough Marksmanship as a high-level overview of both dry- and live-fire training or the combination of Dryfire Reloaded and Skills & Drills Reloaded for a deeper dive.
- Refinement and Repetition: Provides a set of stand & shoot dry-fire drills and training plan. Very straightforward.
- Principles of Performance: Deep dive into shot calling and Steve’s speed-, accuracy-, and match-mode shooting. Includes an interview with Lanny Bassham, numerous anecdotes, and a more well-rounded dry-fire program.
- Get to Work: All about techniques supporting the principle of shooting sooner.
- Firearms Nation: Arik Levy interviews top shooters like Eric Grauffel, Ben Stoeger, Ron Avery, KC Eusabio, Yong Lee, Shannon Smith, and more. I particularly liked the recent episode with J. J. Racaza. There’s a tremendous amount of useful info in these interviews, and it’s worth going back and listening again as your skills develop.
- Practical Shooting After Dark: Ben Stoeger’s podcast. He and his pals discuss practical shooting from a competitive angle.
- Shoot Fast Podcast: Cody Axon and Joel Park discuss all aspects of pistol shooting technique, skill development, and match skills. Both these guys are USPSA GMs, and they often bring on pals who are also excellent shooters.
- American Warrior Show: Champion shooter Mike Seeklander discusses shooting, combatives, and related topics with a range of guests, including multiple appearances with Rob Leatham.
- Hit Factor Podcast: USPSA GMs Jason Bradley and Jared Fox discuss practical shooting, often with a guest.
- Gunfighter Cast: Daniel Shaw discusses shooting and equipment with a variety of military, law-enforcement, and armed-citizen guests. The multi-part interview with Rob Leatham contains a wealth of actionable information.
- Modern Samurai Project: Shooting instructor and BJJ practitioner Scott Jedlinski interviews guests with MMA and various shooting backgrounds.
- Practi-Cast: A.J. Zito and Seth Blair talk about competitive and defensive shooting along with interviewing guests.
- Shooter’s Mindset: Anthony Cruz brings on guests that span rifle and pistol shooting, equipment manufacturers, and more. Scanning through the back catalog will bring up many episodes of interest.
- That Shooting Show: Steve Anderson’s podcast.
Source for practical shooting gear
- Atlanta Arms: I’ll drive to their warehouse in Covington, GA periodically to buy a couple of boxes and avoid shipping. Call ahead and make sure the targets you want are in stock!
Last edit: 4 August 2020